Back in 2005, we decided to use Subversion scm for the source code management in the Carpe Noctem project. This decision survived the last four years but based on what we experienced during this time – we even managed to somehow blown up our repositories –, the team decided to switch over to git after the World Championships 2009. We’ll have to see how things work out now and if people manage to come to grips with the new system.
Today, I tried to merge some changes for the new Spica version. As I maintained a separate repository for this purpose, I wasn’t sure about how well git merges these data. Surprisingly, it went just smooth. Only about eight simply conflicts needed to be solved. This resulted in my first lightly more complex git tree. Looks interesting in gitk :)